Super Seed Strawberry Shortcakes
- 375g self-raising flour
- 50g Carman’s Gourmet Porridge Oats Natural 5 Grain & Super Seed
- 250ml lemonade
- 150ml thickened cream, plus extra to serve
- 1 punnet strawberries, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Sea salt
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- Serves: 10
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Make a well in the centre and add lemonade and thickened cream, then use a metal knife to mix together the ingredients until they form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean surface dusted with a little extra flour. Roll the dough out to about 3cm thick then use a 6cm round cookie cutter to cut 10 rounds from the dough.
- Arrange the rounds closely together on the baking tray then bake for 10-12 mins until lightly golden.
- In a bowl combine strawberries, icing sugar and vanilla, stir well until sugar has dissolved. Whip extra thickened cream.
- Cut each scone in half, top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and heaped with strawberries.