Careers at Carman’s
“I make decisions from the heart. I think about my staff and customers, how they would like to be treated, and how I would like to be treated if I were an employee or customer. Carman’s has an amazing business culture that I am very proud of.”
Carolyn Creswell, Creator of Carman’s
Employer of Choice
The Carman’s team are overjoyed to have been awarded Employer of Choice (1-99 Employees) at the 2019 Australian HR Awards; a reflection of the pride we take in creating delight every day. From our product and consumer experience, to our culture and amazing HQ environment, Carman’s wouldn’t be where it is without our incredible team.
To create the best environment and a culture we are very proud of, there are a few values that guide us.
Our team members are dedicated to the Carman’s purpose of creating delight every day through their amazing work, attitude and interactions.
The Carman’s team is built on collaboration, which requires all team members to be respectful of one another and champion the best idea – whether their own or another’s.
We look after our physical and mental wellbeing, striving to be the best version of ourselves.
We act with integrity. Whether it’s getting to the heart of a problem, being brave with feedback or paying our bills on time, we are driven to act the right way towards our consumers, partners and each other, always.
We challenge the status quo, think outside the square and love to be a little different. Carman’s is not your average brand, and we don’t want to be!
What does it take to work at Carman’s?
All positions at Carman’s are unique, but we do know there are qualities that will help you thrive:
- Consumer centric approach. As Carolyn says, ‘the customer is our only stakeholder.’ Decisions we make and projects we choose to work on (and the ones we don’t) are driven first and foremost by consumer needs.
- Team-oriented by nature. Our small team spends a lot of time together, whether in meetings, socially or getting creative with new concepts. You’ll be widely supported to advance your own solutions and help develop the ideas of others.
- Enjoy a relaxed, calm and fun environment. We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves! Carolyn and the wider leadership team are incredibly approachable, active listeners; titles are less important here than the ability to get the job done.
- Able to work at pace. We take our time to assess opportunities and approach projects diligently, but the nature of being a small team means the individual scope of work for each person is broader than that of traditional FMCG companies. People looking to extend their knowledge and who enjoy being busy absolutely love this.
- We are a flexible team, with a willingness to get our hands dirty and sometimes take on tasks that may not be in our job descriptions in order to help our colleagues.
- Innovative at heart. Our strategy process, which is embedded in day to day life at Carman’s, is an opportunity for all team members to input ideas for projects that they think will make our business great now and into the future.
- A love for professional and personal development. We are lifelong learners! Our team members have individual development plans, as well as undertaking many company-wide courses. The frequent ‘Lunch & Learns’ at Carman’s are a great way to learn from people in and outside of the business.
- Feedback focused. Our team tells the truth, even when it’s difficult. We have invested time in cultivating an environment where feedback helps make Carman’s successful.
Life at Carman’s
Life at Carman’s is fun, busy, rewarding, balanced and a source of pride amongst our team members, who enjoy the many benefits of working here, including:
- Our wellbeing program. This includes free weekly yoga, bootcamp and meditation classes. Team members are encouraged to use the gym at their leisure – we even have a sauna and massage room!
- Free parking directly opposite the building and complimentary monthly car washes.
- Free, barista-made coffee from the Carman’s Kitchen Store via our Coffee Concierge service and an on-site chef who whips up fresh, healthy lunches daily. On Tuesdays, lunch is free!
- Free snacks, breakfast and fruit. You can also take home a bag of Carman’s products each week.
- A day off on your birthday, as well as a half day off quarterly.
- Friday afternoon drinks!
- Ongoing personal and professional development programs, catered to individual needs and aspirations.
- LOVE Awards – Carman’s unique, quarterly recognition program that encourages team members members to live our values.
- A generous bonus structure dependent on role.
- The chance to work in a beautiful, state of the art building and be equipped with all the latest technology needed to perform your role.
- The support of a caring, talented and engaged team.
- Excellent work life balance.
Sound amazing? While we may not have the position open that you are looking for right now, we are always on the hunt for talented people who align with our values and want to join us on our mission to make Carman’s the most loved breakfast and snacking brand around the world. You are welcome to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration. You can also follow us on LinkedIn.