Oat Slice Bites Trifle
- 1 x 85 Natural Raspberry Jelly
- 2 punnets raspberries, plus 1 punnet to decorate
- 800g store-bought, vanilla custard
- 1 box Carman’s Kitchen Oat Slice Bites
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Mint leaves, to decorate
- Shaved chocolate, to decorate
- Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus jelly setting time)
- Cooking time:
- Serves: 6
Please note: this recipe will need to be started the night before serving in order for the jelly to set. You will also require a 2L trifle bowl or equivalent to serve.
- The night before, prepare jelly according to packet instructions. Pour into the trifle bowl, along with 2 punnets of raspberries, then refrigerate overnight to set firm.
- When almost ready to serve, whisk together custard and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (if your custard already contains visible vanilla beans you can leave this step out). Gently pour the custard on top of the jelly layer. Return to fridge during the next step.
- Combine thickened cream, remaining vanilla bean paste and icing sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (you can also use a handheld beater for this step). Whisk cream until firm peaks.
- On top of the custard later, carefully arrange the Oat Slice Bites around the outside of the bowl, interchanging Belgian Chocolate Brownie and Golden Oat & Coconut. You may need more/less slices depending on the size of your bowl. Fill the void with whipped cream then decorate with raspberries, mint leaves and shaved chocolate to serve.