Cherry & Raspberry Black Tea Sorbet with Clusters
- 6 black tea bags
- 250g frozen cherries (pitted)
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 220g caster sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 egg whites, lightly whisked
- Carman's Blueberry, Coconut & Almond Clusters to serve
- Preparation time: 20 min
- Cooking time: 4 hours freezing
- Serves: 6-8
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Pour 2 ½ cups of boiling water, add tea bags and allow to steep for 10 mins. Remove tea bags.
- Combine tea with raspberries, cherries and caster sugar in a saucepan. Place over a medium heat, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 mins. Remove from heat, stir through lemon juice then strain through a fine sieve and discard raspberry seeds.
- Pour the strained mixture into a large, rectangular container/tray (as big as can fit into your freezer) and freeze for 3-4 hours until just hard. Break up and place into a food processor with the egg whites. Blend until icey and smooth. Spoon back into a container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Serve scoops of the sorbet topped with Carman’s Blueberry, Coconut and Almond Crunchy Clusters.