Oaty Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Natural 5 Grain & Super Seed Porridge Oats 650g
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a two baking trays, or line them with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add syrup, water and soda.
- In a mixing bowl combine Creamy Honey Porridge Oats, sugar, flour, coconut and create a well in the middle.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and place 4cm apart on a greased baking tray.
- Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Then, cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream (about 1/3 cup) between 2 cookies. Gently press the biscuits together, until the ice cream spreads to the edge.
- Ready to eat immediately.
To save for later, wrap your ice cream sandwiches individually in plastic wrap. Then place in resealable freezer bag and freeze until needed