Gluten Free Bircher with Stewed Rhubarb & Banana
- 500g Carman's Deluxe Gluten Free Muesli
- 1kg natural yoghurt
- to taste, freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 bunch rhubarb, sliced into rough chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped (optional)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 11
- Combine the Gluten Free Muesli and natural yoghurt together in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The finished bircher can be stored in a sealed container and will last as long as the best before date on the yoghurt.
- To make the stewed rhubarb, start by heating the oven to 180 C (fan forced).
- Place rhubarb, lemon rind and vanilla bean and seeds into an ovenproof dish that is big enough to hold two layers of rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the caster sugar over the rhubarb. Cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft to the touch yet still has kept its shape.
- To serve, loosen the bircher with the freshly squeezed orange juice to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and top with the stewed rhubarb and sliced banana.