Keep Your Porridge Low In Sugar This Winter
100% premium Australian grown wholegrain oats are at the heart of the delicious porridge recipes we create. In fact there are now seven yummy porridge sachet recipes to choose from including some that are vegan friendly, nut free and fruit free to others that are full of chunky fruit or creamy and subtly sweetened for the whole family to enjoy. And let’s now forget our premium quality Traditional Rolled Oats too. Our recipes are extra delicious, nutritious, easy to make and convenient on those cold winter mornings.
Wholegrain oats are an extremely nutrient dense food, as they are:
- High in dietary fibre
- Low GI
- Naturally low in salt and saturated fat
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Filled with Beta Glucan, which helps reduce cholesterol
- A source of wholegrainOur Gourmet Porridge contains between 73-100% wholegrain oats, are less than 160 calories each and contain less than 2tsp of sugar per serve.
This sugar includes the naturally occurring sugars found in the oats and ingredients themselves, but in some recipes it also includes a perfectly balanced blend of honey, maple or golden syrup that’s added to enhance the natural goodness of the wholegrain oats, and it also saves you having to add more to your bowl.
So which of our porridge range is the lowest in sugar? See the list below ranging from our lowest sugar porridge to those with a touch more:
1. Traditional Oats (the most natural of them all) – 0.4g per serve
2. Natural 5 Grain & Super Seed – 0.4g per sachet
3. Almond, Coconut & Chia – 3.2g per sachet
4. Honey Roasted Nut – 3.5g per sachet
5. Golden Maple – 4.1g per sachet
6. Honey, Vanilla,Cinnamon – 4.8g per sachet
7. Super Berry & Coconut – 6g per sachet
8. Apple, Sultana and Cinnamon – 7.6g per sachet
We believe our porridge is absolutely delicious just the way it is, however you might like to try the serving suggestions below to make your porridge even more flavoursome, yet still low in sugar:
- Serve with additional nuts and seeds
- Try the addition of coconut
- Spice up your porridge with cinnamon or nutmeg
- Try the fruit-free porridge recipes for a lower sugar option and add a piece of fresh fruit
- Add fresh, unsweetened milk
- Add natural or Greek yoghurtThe portion controlled Gourmet Porridge Sachets, with some additions such as these, make for a lower sugar, hearty, healthy and delicious breakfast of winter warm porridge.