- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Carman's Traditional Australian Oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a two baking trays, or line them with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add syrup, water and soda.
- In a mixing bowl combine Carman’s Traditional Australian Oats, sugar, flour, coconut and create a well in the middle.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and place 4cm apart on a greased baking tray.
- Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Biscuits will be soft when taken out of the oven and will harden as they cool down.
More Delicious Recipes
- Same recipe as central cookery book. Works every time. Even with different oats!
- I made these Anzac biscuits today for Anzac Day and they were perfect. Great recipe.