Vanilla Chai Latte
- ½ cup loose leaf black tea
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks, roughly broken
- 4 star anise
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 500ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Honey, to sweeten
- Carman's Almond, Hazelnut & Vanilla Nut Bars to serve
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: Cook to taste
- Serves: 12
To make Chai mixture:
- Combine cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, fennel and peppercorns in a small fry pan and heat over medium heat for about 1-2 mins until fragrant.
- Transfer mixture to a mortar and pestle and crush the spices until fine.
- Add turmeric, ginger, honey and lemon juice to a fry pan and heat on high heat until runny.
- Combine with the crushed spices and tea leaves, mixing well.
To make Chai latte (Serves 2):
- Add 2 tbsp of Chai mixture to the milk and steam. Pour into a mug through a strainer.
- Add honey to taste.
This recipe was inspired by our Almond, Hazelnut & Vanilla Nut Bars.
The sticky chai mixture will store in a jar in the fridge for up to a month!