Nectarine & Date Chutney
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 225g pitted medjool dates
- 275g (about 3) yellow nectarines, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 350ml malt vinegar
- 110g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Carman's Super Seed & Grain Crackers to serve
- sharp cheese (aged cheddar or Parmesan) to serve
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6 - 8 as a snack
- Place cinnamon and cloves in muslin cloth (or clean Chux cloth). Tie with kitchen string to form a parcel.
- Combine dates, nectarines, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the spice parcel then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Remove lid and cook uncovered for a further 10 mins or until dates are soft and the chutney is thick and jam-like in consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before removing and discarding the spice parcel. Serve with your favourite flavour of Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers and sharp cheese.