Kale, Date & Almond Salad with Crackers
- 120g baby kale
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 3 medjool dates, stone removed and sliced
- 30g dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 6 Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers, roughly broken
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp finely grated orange rind
- to taste, salt & pepper
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: n/a
- Serves: 4, as a side salad
- Pull the leaves from the stems of the larger pieces of kale (as they will be tough) and discard the stalks.
- Place the kale and the rest of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the orange juice, vinegar, oil, pinch of salt & pepper and the orange rind in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Season with salt & pepper to taste.