- 6 slices of stale bread, processed to a fine crumb
- 500g pork mince
- 500g beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup rice bran oil
- tzatziki to serve
- lebanese cucumber, peeled into small ribbons to serve
- Carman's Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers to serve
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Serves: makes 40 meatballs
- In a large bowl combine fresh breadcrumbs, mince, garlic, eggs, onion and parsley. Season then use clean hands to mix well.
- Divide mixture into 40 golf ball-sized portions, roll into balls then roll in dried breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large frypan over low-medium heat. Add 10 meatballs and fry, turning regularly, until cooked through (about 10-15 mins). Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs.
- To serve, spread 1 tsp tzatziki onto a Carman’s Ancient Grain Super Seed & Grain Cracker. Decorate with cucumber ribbon and top with one meatball. Repeat with remaining crackers, tzatziki and meatballs.