Easy & Healthy Mushroom Soup Without Cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 130g butter
- 600g mushrooms thickly sliced (we used a mixture of button and brown varieties), plus extra to decorate (we used enoki, shimeji and black fungus)
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups mushroom stock (or salt reduced vegetable stock)
- to serve, Kefir yoghurt
- to serve, sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 80g Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme and saute for 4-5 mins until onion becomes opaque.
- Add butter, stir until melted. Add mushrooms, stir to coat.
- Add flour, stir to coat then add almond milk and stock, season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and allow to simmer for 20-25 mins until mushrooms are soft.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blitz until very smooth (you can also use a stick blender to do this).
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add extra mushrooms and fry 2-3 mins until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To serve, divide soup among bowls. Drizzle with kefir then top with crispy mushrooms.
- Serve with Carman’s Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers.