Healthy Hummus With Cashew Nuts & Curry Oil
- 150g raw cashew nuts
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained but 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp neutral oil (grapeseed/rice bran oil)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus soaking time
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6-8 as a snack
- Place cashew nuts in a bowl, cover with filtered water and allow to soak for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make curry oil, heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add seeds and curry leaf sprigs, fry for 2 mins or until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside to infuse while the nuts are soaking.
- Drain nuts, combine in a food processor with chickpeas and the reserved liquid, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Blend until a smooth paste.
- Strain curry oil through a fine sieve, reserving the oil and the seeds and curry leaf sprigs.
- While the motor of the food processor is running, in a thin stream add the strained curry oil until all has incorporated. Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and decorate with reserved curry leaf sprigs and seeds.
- Serve with Carman’s Pepita & Poppy Seed Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
This dip pairs perfectly with our Pepita & Poppy Seed Super Seed & Grain Crackers