Pancakes Topped With Clusters, Pears & Ice-Cream
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- Whisk the flour and 1 tbsp sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the egg and milk (ensure this is added slowly) until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat, add butter to cooking surface and once melted, pour ¼ cup of pancake batter (this amount is enough for one good-sized pancake).
- When you see large bubbles starting to form of the surface of the pancake, flip it over and cook until lightly golden.
- Repeat this method for the remaining pancake mixture. Keep cooked pancakes covered with a tea towel so they stay warm until serving or let cool, then refrigerate immediately.
- To make the caramelised pears, heat another non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add the butter and sugar to the pan.
- When the butter starts to foam, add the pears to the pan.
- Cook the pear slices until they have soaked up the sugar and butter, ensuring you turn several times. The pears will be ready once they take on a caramelised colour and are soft to touch, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- To serve, stack one to two pancakes on a plate and top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, a handful of Almond, Pecan & Maple Crunchy Clusters and lashings of maple syrup.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 4 firm Packham pears, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- to serve, vanilla ice-cream
- to serve, Almond, Pecan & Maple Crunchy Clusters
- to serve, maple syrup