No Bake Apple Crumble
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 fresh dates, chopped
- 20g roasted almonds
- 1 x 40g sachet Carman's Gourmet Honey Roasted Nut Porridge
- vanilla bean yoghurt, to serve
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Peel, core and chop apples into small wedges and place in a medium saucepan with boiling water, cinnamon, vanilla bean and brown sugar. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the apples are soft but haven’t lost their shape.
- Spoon the stewed apples into individual dishes (if you’re lucky you might have some leftover to have on top your Carman’s muesli in the morning).
- Blitz the dates, almonds and Carman’s Gourmet Roasted Honey Nut Porridge in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Top the apple with the crumble topping and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
Substituting the apples with poached pears or rhubarb, even fresh cut fruit works just as well!