Maple Pumpkin Porridge Pancakes
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 150g plain flour
- 2 Carman’s Golden Maple Porridge Sachets
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 375ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 80g melted butter
- 1 tsp rice bran oil, to fry
- to serve, whipped cream and maple syrup
- Preparation time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: Makes 14 pancakes
- Place pumpkin in a microwave-safe container. Pour in ½ cup water and microwave on high for 5 mins or until pumpkin is very soft. Drain water and mash pumpkin until smooth.
- Combine flour, porridge sachets, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon and mix well. Add buttermilk, egg and mashed pumpkin, mixing well. Stir in melted butter.
- Heat a tiny bit of rice bran oil in a large, non-stick frypan over low-medium heat. Spoon batter into the frypan (each pancake will be 2 tbsp batter, try to cook 3 at a time). Fry for 2 mins (you will see little bubbles form on the top) then flip and fry for a further 1 min. Keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, then serve pancakes warm with whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.