Mango & Avocado Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 rashers of bacon
- 1 butter lettuce (leaves picked and washed)
- 4 mangoes
- 2 avocados
- 60g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Carman's Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed Crackers, to serve
- 60ml olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 tbsp store-bought French dressing
- 1 tbsp pure cream
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1-2 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 as a side
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Fry bacon for 1-2 minutes each side, until very crispy. Drain on paper towel then roughly crush up the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Arrange lettuce leaves over a platter or place into a large bowl.
- Make multiple cuts, about 2mm apart, in one direction of each mango cheek. Turn the cheek out at a 90 degree angle and repeat. Cut each cheek into 1/3rds and use your fingers to press the skin side of the mango outwards to fan out the flesh. Arrange pieces randomly on top of the lettuce.
- Use a melon baller to scoop spheres from the avocados. Arrange pieces randomly on top of the lettuce.
- To make the dressing, whisk all liquid ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad.
- Scatter bacon crumbs and pecans over the salad. Roughly break Carman’s Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers over the top and serve immediately.