Christmas Gingerbread Spice Oat Cookies
- 200g butter, softened to room temperature
- 100g light muscovado sugar (or light brown sugar as a substitute)
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 180g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 280g Carman's Untoasted Apple, Date & Cinnamon Muesli
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinammon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- To dust icing sugar
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes (per tray)
- Serves: 18 biscuits
- Combine butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (with beater attached.) Beat on high for three mins or until pale and very fluffy. If you don’t have a stand, an electric handheld beater will also work.
- Add eggs and vanilla bean paste, beat on high until combined.
- Place flour and bicarb in a large bowl, whisking to fully combine. Add muesli, spices and salt, mixing well. Add to the butter mixture and use a spatula to fold the mixtures together until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan-forced ovens.) Line three trays with baking paper.
- Scoop golf-ball sized portions of the batter and roll into a ball (using an ice-cream scoop for this step is quicker and ensures all cookies are the same size!). Arrange six on each tray then sprinkle generously with the icing sugar.
- Bake each tray for 10 minutes, until the cookies are dark golden in colour. Allow to cool completely on the trays before serving.