Broccoli & Pea Soup with Crackers
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 2
- Place the broccoli in a medium saucepan and fill with water until the broccoli is almost covered. Add two good pinches of salt and bring to the boil.
- Once the water has boiled, reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 6-8 minutes or until the broccoli stems are soft. Remove the broccoli from the saucepan, ensuring you keep the water.
- Bring the broccoli water to the boil and then add the frozen peas.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approx. 1 minute or until tender.
- Strain the peas and keep the liquid.
- Place the cooked broccoli and peas in a blender.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (approx. 1½ cups) to create a delicious thick soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and top with roughly chopped parsley. Serve with a handful of Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
- 1 head of broccoli (approx. 400g), roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- to taste, salt & pepper
- to taste, extra virgin olive oil
- to serve, continental parsley, roughly chopped
- to serve, Carman's Super Seed & Grain Crackers